Angular 4 Java Developers
Learn how to build Spring Boot & Angular apps using JHipsterWatch Promo Enroll in Course
Angular 4 Java Developers
In this course, you are going to learn how to build applications using some of the hottest technologies in the industry today, including Spring Boot and Angular. These are two of our favorite technologies to work with right now, it really makes developing applications a breeze.
If you start writing these types of applications from scratch, you will see a lot of similarities. In fact, there is a lot of boilerplate code just to get one of these applications off the ground. This is where JHipster comes into play and really helps to make us more productive.
JHipster is a development platform to generate, develop and deploy Spring Boot + Angular Web applications and Spring microservices.
What would it take to build real production grade applications from scratch? You could sit down and learn all of the technologies below, OR you could generate a JHipster application, which can give you them out of the box.
- Work at your own pace - There are 10 modules with X videos (over X total hours!) taking you through everything you need to build Angular & Spring Boot applications.
- Access to source code - You will have access to all of the source code in this course so that you can follow along with us.
- Quizzes & Exercises - To keep you on track in this course and reinforce what you learned in each section.
- Got Questions? No worries, you will have access to Dan & John as well as community members to ask questions when you get stuck.
- Building Angular & Spring Boot apps without JHipster - To start this course off, we are going to build a small tasks application that demonstrates just what goes into putting all of these technologies together.
- What is JHipster? Next, we are going to learn about what JHipster is and why you should never start another Angular & Spring Boot project without it again.
- How to setup your development environment - Any good cook knows that if you don't have all of your ingredients and tools, it is really hard to prepare a meal. The same goes for you as a developer and your environment. We will walk you through setting up your environment and showing you the tools that you will need.
- Compare starting from scratch & JHipster - We will take that same application we built from scratch and show you how we build it in JHipster.
- JDL Studio - A great way to build out your domain model.
- MongoDB - Learn how to use MongoDB in your applications.
- Microservices - are all the buzz these days. We are going to learn about what they are and more importantly when to use them. After that, we will learn how to build out microservices in our JHipster application.
- Build and deploy a real world application - We won't just teach you about how to build real world applications, we will actually help you do it. In this course, you are going to build a real world application from requirements to production.
In this course, you are going to build a real world application. You will follow along with us as we take the requirements from the client, build the application and then deploy it to production.
- Starting with requirements - Before you can build an application, you need to listen to your client and get the requirements. John and I sit down in an interview with the project stakeholder to find out what he would like this application to do.
- Generate project from scratch - We will create this project from scratch so that you can follow right along with us.
- Customize the UI - A lot of students have questions on how to customize the default UI in JHipster. We are going to walk through a number of UI changes to give our application a custom look and feel.
- Helpful Exercises - Even as we are building out this real world application, we will stop to give you some helpful exercises to go through.
- Production - Where we all want to be, right? After our application is completed, we will show you what it takes to get us into production.
When you purchase this course, you will get access to exclusive bonus content!
- Downloadable lessons - There are 10 modules with 100 videos (over 10 total hours!) that you can take with you anywhere.
- IntelliJ Ultimate License - As a special bonus, you will have access to download a 90 day free trial of IntelliJ Ultimate Edition.
- Bonuses to keep you on track - Including interviews with the "Running for Brews" President on how this application is working out for them.
- Exclusive access to a Facebook community - To discuss coursework and trade ideas with your fellow classmates.
- Live Videos - As part of our community, you will have access to exclusive live and recorded videos.
- T-Shirt giveaways - If you liked the JHipster shirt Dan was wearing in some of the lessons, we will be giving a few of these away to members only.
Christopher M. Jansen
Capital Markets Application Systems Engineer - Wells Fargo
About Dan Vega
Hi, I’m Dan Vega. I am a Software Engineer living just outside of one of my favorite places in the world, Cleveland, Ohio. I am a self-taught programmer who firmly believes that you can accomplish anything in this life if you put your mind to it, roll up your sleeves and are willing to put in the work.
I have been writing software for over 18+ years now and I use my knowledge, passion, and influence to help other developers achieve their goals. I teach online and currently have over 30,000 students.
When I am not writing software, I have a number of things that really keep me busy. I love to read books, listen to podcasts and watch online courses. I have a real thirst for knowledge and it consumes me every single day of the week. I also love to run & lift heavy weights, which keeps me balanced throughout the week.
About John Thompson
I've been in the IT industry for over 20 years. Today, I specialize mainly in Java, the most successful and widely known programming language in use today. I also specialize with the Spring Framework, which is the most popular open source application framework for building enterprise class applications on the Java platform. Just some of the organizations I've worked with include Visa, Kohls, Federal Home Loan Bank, and Belk Department Stores.
Every day I get contacted by recruiters looking for people with Java skills, sometimes 5 to 6 times a day. These are often very good paying jobs, yet, there is a shortage of good people in software development. Positions paying $60 per hour are going unfilled because there are not enough people writing Java. These are positions I turn away, because the pay is well below my market rate.
Malcolm Gladwell claims it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert. That's 5 years, 40 hours a week. I've certainly put in the time. I've had the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry. So, I can claim to be an expert.
Through the courses I'm providing, I hope to leverage my years of experience to accelerate your learning of the Spring Framework. I'm not going to lie to you: the Spring Framework is a big framework. The environment for enterprise Java is even bigger. If you're new to Java, you have a lot to learn. I hope through the content on this web site I can accelerate your education of the Java and Spring landscape.
PreviewTasks Application Overview (6:59)
PreviewCreate the Spring Boot Application (5:26)
StartSpring Boot Web (7:13)
StartSpring Boot Data (8:54)
PreviewAngular CLI (5:06)
StartAngular Components (3:39)
StartAngular Bootstrap (2:08)
StartAngular Component Layout (5:46)
StartTask List Component (9:40)
StartAngular Service Layer (8:20)
StartTask Save (5:47)
StartTask Add Component (8:51)
StartAngular & Spring Boot Build Process (6:59)
StartWhy did we build this app? (1:32)
"This is an excellent course — definitely worth checking out!"
- John Doe, Co-Founder, Impressive Company
Frequently Asked Questions
This has been one of the most exciting courses I have ever worked on. As a huge fan of all the technologies in this stack, I was so excited to teach everyone about them. I hope you have as much fun taking this course as I did building it!
- Dan Vega